While Tebow-mania dominated the football season, Lin-sanity has taken over the slowest sports time of the calendar year. The guys break down Jeremy Lin’s rise to the top, discuss the latest Orioles news, talk some Terps football and of course Kate Upton’s SI swimsuit issue cover.
Here are some of the topics discussed on this week’s show.
The Orioles Can’t Seem To Catch A Break
- Major League Baseball voids the Orioles contract with 17-year old Korean pitcher, Seong-Min Kim.
- Zach Britton’s lingering shoulder injury could land him on the disabled list at the season’s start.
- The O’s avoid arbitration with Adam Jones and have started discussing a long-term contract extension.
- Rumor has it that Peter Angelos is shopping around the Orioles.
Capitals Are On The Outside Looking In As NHL Trade Deadline Approaches
- Mike Knuble has been a healthy scratch for Dale Hunter in three straight games. The 39-year old veteran is likely on the way out.
- Elliotte Friedman of Hockey Night In Canada reports that Washington’s GM George McPhee is “burning up the phone lines” more than any other general manager in the NHL.
- Nicklas Backstrom’s concussion could keep him out of the Capitals lineup until the playoffs — assuming Washington even makes it.
- Mike Green’s injury has hurt Washington on defense all year long, but he could be on the way back.
- The Capitals have allowed three goals from center ice this month. WTF.
Off-Season Ravens Talk
- The Ravens have begun discussions with Joe Flacco’s agent on a long-term extension.
- Ricky Williams calls it quits and the Ravens need a new backup for Ray Rice. Perhaps a reunion with Le’Ron McClain could be in the works.
Randy Edsall’s Maryland Terrapins
- Terps quarterback Danny O’Brien has decided to transfer from Maryland.
- All-Met Defensive Player of the Year, Stefon Diggs, chooses Maryland over Florida, Ohio State and Auburn.
Kate (Freaking) Upton
- Kate Upton is this years SI swimsuit cover model.
- Watch Upton teach David Price how to throw a circle change.
- Her interview with Colin Cowherd was just plain awkward.
You can get in touch with the BSR Podcast by sending your emails to email@example.com or leaving a voicemail at 443-379-4BSR (4377).