The Boss, Matt Sadler, joins the show to give his take and intimidate the other panel members. Dave Gilmore also pops by to discuss the Caps and Flacco.
Join Zach, Patrick and Matt for this week’s edition of the best sports podcast in Baltimore, the BSR Podcast.
Here are some of the topics discussed on this week’s show:
Joe Flacco Thinks He’s The NFL’s Best Quarterback
- In a recent radio interview, Ravens QB Joe Flacco said that he doesn’t consider himself a top-five quarterback, he thinks he’s the best in the NFL.
- The guys examine how much the media is to blame for blowing Flacco’s comments out of proportion.
- Patrick compares Flacco’s comments to some of Rex Ryan’s.
Interview With Peter Hassett Of Russian Machine Never Breaks
- It’s easy for the Caps. Win and they’re in. Peter discusses Washington’s 2011-2012 season.
- The guys ask Peter about how Dale Hunter has changed the team and if a coaching change actually helped.
- Peter tells the guys that they should root for the Caps to win the Stanley Cup, but that making the postseason might actually hurt the team long-term.
- He also gives the show his favorite Joe Beninati suit of the night.
- Check out RussianMachineNeverBreaks.com, Peter Hassett on Twitter and RMNB’s upcoming party in Arlington.
Spring Training Storylines
- Michael Pineda goes down with shoulder tendinitis. The guys re-examine the Pineda/Montero deal.
- How strong is the Red Sox rotation with Daniel Bard?
- Matt Cain and Joey Votto signed long-term extensions this week. The guys talk about the offseason value of Cole Hamels and rank Votto, Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder.
- Who will lead the Orioles staff in wins?
- Which Orioles player will finish 2012 with the most home runs?
- Which player(s) will represent Baltimore in the 2012 All-Star Game?
- Will Mark Reynolds play more first base or third base?
- Maryland’s Mega Millions winner is hiding her ticket at McDonalds.
- Nike unveils the (disappointing) new NFL uniforms.
- Maine’s Batman gets arrested.
- Jamie Moyer makes the Rockies rotation at 49 years old.
- Alicia Silverstone feeds her kid like a bird. And it’s disgusting.
- Finally, a flying car has arrived.
You can get in touch with the BSR Podcast by sending your emails firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a voicemail at 443-379-4BSR (4377).