The gang is back together again for this week’s edition of the BSR Podcast. On tap for the boys this week is some talk about Bart Scott’s run in New York, an interview with the Orioles new public address announcer Ryan Wagner, some listener feedback and the return of the lightning round.
Here are some of the topics discussed in this week’s show:
The Steelers Release Hines Ward
- After 14 years, Hines Ward’s cheap shots in a Steelers uniform are over.
- Ward says his playing days in the NFL aren’t over.
- Is there any possible chance that Hines Ward becomes a Baltimore Raven next season?
Bart Scott’s Days With The Jets Are Likely Over
- The former Ravens linebacker “can’t wait” to get out of New York.
- Scott will likely have to take a pay cut from the Jets if he returns.
- The Jets have encouraged him to explore a trade.
- Ryan talks about about his days in the MLB Fan Cave last season.
- He discusses winning the Orioles PA announcing gig this year.
- Matt and Ryan discuss their high school days at Edgewood High School.
- Ryan gives the guys a preview of what fans can expect to hear from him at Oriole Park at Camden Yards this season.
Spring Training Baseball
- Bobby Valentine stirs up the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry by saying he liked when Jason Varitek beat up Alex Rodriguez.
- Luke Scott calls Red Sox fans “ruthless, vulgar” trouble makers.
- Ryan Braun gets cleared of his 50 game suspension and calls out Major League Baseball’s drug testing policy.
- Baseball looks to add another Wild Card and the guys predict which two teams will make the new cut.
- We asked for you Tweets and Facebook responses and we got them.
- BSR Podcast listeners weighed in on the Daytona 500, the Nationals offseason, the Red Sox beer ban and Baltimore’s interest in reuniting with Bart Scott.
- Luke Scott shows off his pig hunting spears to his new Rays teammates.
- Rich Eisen almost breaks 6-seconds for his 40 yard dash.
- RG III runs the 40 in 4.41 seconds.
- Yankees take their media day pictures in a bathroom.
- Gary Thorne is just as awesome at calling bowling as he is at baseball.
- Tim Byrdak crashes Mets camp dressed as Hulk Hogan.
- Moneyball goes 0-for-6 at the Oscars.
- Angelina Jolie’s leg dominates the internet.
You can get in touch with the BSR Podcast by sending your emails to email@example.com or leaving a voicemail at 443-379-4BSR (4377).