Any chance that John Madden could pull a Brett Favre and be ready for week two?
I watched last nights Titans/Steelers game and I was looking for the mute button on Chris Collinsworth. My god, he was awful.
I’ve never been a big fan of the guy’s voice to begin with, but mix that with some Steeler ass-kissing and the fact that his glee made him sound like a kid who just landed their first job, and I was ready to start watching America’s Got Talent or something.
Stop calling Ben Roethlisberger “Big Ben” or just “Ben”. He’s not your drinking buddy. You probably don’t even know him. It’s unprofessional and annoying.
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one frustrated with Collinsworth. Here’s what the Twitterverse had to say.
- @jmel20 alright petition to bring john madden back please? #bringjohnmaddenback…chris collinsworth, go back to ur studio work please!
- @CoachDdotcom Chris Collinsworth n Al Michaels could ruin a good porn.
- @maxabutler can’t stand Chris Collinsworth and Al Michaels.
- @Mattferguson @sportscenter What a great game but I miss Madden. Chris Collinsworth is obnoxious. He’s the Johnny Miller of Football.
- @CantonDog For the record. I could not hate Chris Collinsworth more. #mnffail
- @chane55 @terrellowens Chris Collinsworth needs to never do commentary again. A monkey can add and see things he can’t. Total waste of space.