Adam Jones might be pressing a bit at the plate. The Orioles center fielder has been sitting on 99 home runs since July 27 (25 games, 99 at-bats).
During the fourth inning of the Orioles-Rangers game on Wednesday, Jones let go of his bat, helicoptering it into the stands. The picture to the right shows the priceless reactions of Texas fans as the bat flies towards them. I could seriously look at this picture all day.
Here are a few of my favorite things about it.
- The popcorn vendor has decided to duck for cover, use his snack bags as protection should the bat strike him.
- The guy in the white shirt in the lower left corner appears to be raising the roof.
- The dude above the roof raiser in the white t-shirt is using his glove in an attempt to catch the bat.
- The older woman in the upper right corner is completely distracted by the flying piece of wood coming into her section.
- And finally, the guy in the Texas jersey standing in the right of the picture — what can I even say about him?
No Texans were harmed in the making of this photograph.