The BSR podcast has returned for a Thanksgiving extravaganza. Join Zach Wilt, Patrick Guthrie and Matt Lund as they break down the week’s top stories on the official podcast of BaltimoreSportsReport.com.
Among this week’s topics are:
- We’re just hours away from the Harbowl! – Brothers John and Jim Harbaugh face off on Thanksgiving as the Ravens host the 49ers. Patrick tells Matt and Zach that even the center of the sports universe, Connecticut, has a fever for more Harbaugh. The guys debate which Harbaugh is the best coach and how far the 49ers will go in the playoffs.
- Justin Verlander wins AL MVP – Should pitchers win baseball’s Most Valuable Player award? What does “MVP” mean? Are baseball’s writers too biased to vote for the award? Patrick and Zach think Verlander deserved the award, Matt thinks Jacoby Ellsbury should have won it.
- Art Modell is again snubbed by Hall of Fame voters – Former Ravens owner Art Modell once again is not among the 26 semifinalists being considered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Matt argues that Cleveland’s writers need to bury the hatchet and put Art in before it’s too late.
- MLB unveils new collective bargaining agreement – No longer can baseball players opt out of the All-Star game. Zach likes that the league is holding players accountable, Matt and Patrick disagree and think that voting needs to be out of the hands of the fans.
- Mark Turgeon lays into Terps in press conference – New men’s basketball coach Mark Turgeon ripped his players in a press conference after being embarrassed by Iona. Maryland alumnus, Patrick Guthrie says he likes the coach’s fiery attitude and is happy to see him separate himself from Gary Williams
- Towson football goes from worst to first – Towson University’s men’s football team clinched it’s first CAA title with a 28-17 win over Rhode Island. The Tigers went 0-8 in the division last season and Matt says that Rob Ambrose’s leadership helped turn the around and set them up for a bright future.
- Rex Ryan fined $75K for f-bomb directed at a fan – Jets coach Rex Ryan was caught on camera dropping an f-bomb at a fan at last week’s Jets-Patriots game. Zach says that the NFL was fine with Rex’s language on Hard Knocks when it helped promote the NFL, but when it puts the league in a negative light Roger Goodell’s double standard is revealed.
- Guy breaks in to Kenny Williams house, wears his World Series ring, drinks his beer – A man broke in to White Sox GM Kenny Williams’ house and ate a frozen pizza, wore his clothes, climbed into his bed, wore his World Series ring and drank his beer. Zach says the guy should have traded Adam Dunn. Patrick and Matt wonder what type of beer Kenny had in the fridge.