Jon Leiberman, Baltimore native and reporter on The Howard Stern Show, joins the BSR Podcast to talk Orioles and Ravens. The guys discuss Jason Hammel’s knee injury, Ray Rice’s contract extension and preview The Dark Knight Rises.
Join Zach, Patrick and Matt for this week’s edition of the best sports podcast in Baltimore, the BSR Podcast.
Interview with Jon Leiberman
- Jon talks about his time in Baltimore, being fired by Sinclair Broadcast Group in 2004, working for 98 Rock and throwing out the first pitch at an Orioles game in the 80s.
- The guys ask Jon his opinion of the 2012 Orioles and the moves hey need to make to stay in contention.
- Jon weighs in on Ray Rice’s five-year contract extension with the Ravens.
- He talks about working on America’s Most Wanted, shares a few stories about cases for AMW and discusses his role as a reporter on The Howard Stern Show.
Playing Catch Up
- After last week’s break, the guys discuss their vacation time.
- Patrick describes his tubing experience down the Gun Powder Falls.
- Matt shares an experience his friend had while watching someone on bath salts in Ocean City
- And Zach talks about his first ever sky dive.
Actual Sports News
- Matt, Zach and Pat discuss Jason Hammel’s knee surgery and when the Orioles should expect him to return.
- They look at potential trade candidates for the Orioles and still expect the team to remain buyers at the deadline.
- The guys discuss Chris Tillman’s poor outing against the Twins on Monday night.
- And break down Ray Rice’s 5-year, $40 million contract extension.
- Obama booed for kiss cam whiff
- Jason Kidd in bad shape before DWI arrest
- Canada’s new money melting
- Celebrity businesses that totally flopped
Subscribe to the BSR Podcast on iTunes and YouTube or listen on Stitcher Radio.
Follow Zach Wilt, Matt Lund and Patrick Guthrie on Twitter.
You can get in touch with the BSR Podcast by sending your emails to email@example.com or leaving a voicemail at 443-379-4BSR (4377).