I told you yesterday to be patient with the process and it’s paying off. Now I’ve got to give you one of those “catching up” posts.
- Chris Ray was traded to the Texas Rangers for starting Pitcher Kevin Millwood – Millwood, 34, was 13-10 with a 3.67 ERA last season with the Rangers.
- Birds sign relief pitcher Mike Gonzalez from the Atlanta Braves – Gonzalez, 31, was 10 of 17 in save chances last season with the Braves. Baltimore signed the lefty to a two year 12 million dollar deal. By the way O’s fans, he’s a Scott Boras client.
- Garrett Atkins fills in gap at 3rd – You knew MelMo wasn’t coming back. Today the O’s signed Garrett Atkins to a one year four million dollar deal.
- RUMOR: O’s interested in Matt Holliday? – Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports is reporting that Baltimore has expressed interested in signing Matt Holliday from the Cardinals. “The Orioles have jumped into the bidding, though both the seriousness of their efforts and Holliday’s desire to play in Baltimore are in question, major-league sources say.”
- RUMOR: Reimold and Tillman for Adrian Gonzalez – Though I haven’t seen it written anywhere. The rumor floating around talk radio is that the Birds are interested in trading Nolan Reimold and Chris Tillman for Padres first baseman Adrian Gonzalez. Who knows how true that is, I’d venture to say not very. But, I’m just catching you up.
What do you think of the Birds latest moves and rumors?