If you’ve missed all the action check out a live blog here.
We’re gonna cover the Open starting at the 17th hole.
MOST RECENT NEWS POSTED BELOW.
LIVE SCORE BOARD
Woods wins the U.S. Open
Tiger had 3 strokes on Rocco, but 158th ranked golfer has battled back against the best…
- Mediate is on the tee box, he drive one off to the right side in the rough, but looks as though he has a good shot at the pin.
- Tiger lines up…he drive one the same distance at Rocco, but dead center in the fairway.
- Tiger lines up his shot, discussing it deeply with his caddie. This is the longest I’ve seen him wait all day. He picks his club, takes a few practice swings choking up on the club. He switches now to an 8 iron. Lines up and lands one on the green about 20 feet behind the hole.
- Rocco stands in the fairway, eyes up his shot…he skims one through the rough and just barely lands it onto the front left side of the green.
- Rocco hits along a putt that scoots buy the whole, he’s a few feet out now.
- Tiger has a downhill putt to the right side. He lines it up. He hits his birdie putt but its too short. He sinks his par putt.
- Rocco sinks his par putt, so he still leads by one stroke.
- Rocco pulls on to the right side, it lands in a bunker.
- Woods hits one right down the middle of the fairway, he grimaces in pain after, but its a beautiful shot.
- Rocco is in the bunker he lines up, swings and lands one one the fairway.
- Tiger takes his time, he uses his 4 iron for a 207 yard shot. He backs off. He approaches the ball, swings and lands one just on the green over a small pond. (deep breathe)
- Rocco takes his time as well. He’s about 120 yards away. He swings and lands one closer that Woods on the green.
- Tiger steps up to his eagle putt. He hits it wide right, and passes the hole by a few feet.
- Rocco lines up his winning putt…he hits it wide left and passes about the same distance as Woods.
- Woods sinks his birdie attempt.
- Rocco lines up his par attempt for sudden death, he sinks it and we have sudden death.
- Woods drive goes up the right side and just barely stays on the fairway.
- Rocco hits his to the left and it bounces into the fairway bunker. (Uhoh)
- Rocco has a good look in the sand but he pulls way left past the cart path. (Uhhhoh)
- Tiger’s has a beautiful look at the hole, looks very calm. He uses his 9 iron and rolls it up to the front of the green.
- Rocco has to drop. He drops at gets a far better look than before. He lines up, and rolls one right past the pin, about a 20 foot putt.
- Woods approaches. For the win. But its too soft again…he putts out.
- Rocco approaches his put to stay alive in sudden death, but he just misses it.