With 160 games left in the baseball season, the Orioles are on top of the world, they’re walking on sunshine, dropping it like it’s hot and some other lyrics to bad pop songs.
Sure, we’re just two games into the 2012 season, but there’s plenty to brag about to your bandwagon Red Sox and Yankee fan friends. Here’s a nice little list of did you knows:
- Nick Markakis leads of all baseball in batting average (.714) among players with at least 7 at bats.
- Jake Arrieta and Tommy Hunter are the only American League pitchers with shutout wins from in over six innings of work.
- The Orioles are tied with the Tigers for lowest team ERA in the AL this season (1.00).
- This is the first time in Orioles history that two starters have given up no runs in the first two games of the season.
- The Orioles have the third highest team batting average in the AL (.306).
- Matt Wieters is tied for the lead in home runs by a catcher in the American League (1).
- Josh Beckett’s ERA is 13.50.
- Jacoby Ellsbury, Kevin Youkilis and Cody Ross are all hitless this season.
- Mark Teixeira is also searching for his first hit.
- The Red Sox and Yankees have the two highest team ERAs respectively in all of baseball (6.61, 7.16).
These stats can only mean one thing, World Series 2012!
I love April baseball.