Preseason football is just about underway. Excited? Yeah, me neither.
The Ravens take on the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday and a number of their players are on the bubble for the game. Here’s what’s being reported on the injury front.
- RB Ricky Williams – John Harbaugh encouraged Williams to sit out the first preseason game. Williams said that “unless I wake up feeling like Superman” he doesn’t plan on seeing field.
- NT Brandon McKinney – Harbaugh also told the media that McKinney, who came off the physically unable to perform list yesterday, also will not get playing time on Thursday.
- CB Domonique Foxworth – Still feeling setbacks from a torn ACL last season, Foxworth’s status for Thursday is questionable. He missed the past two days of practice while Jimmy Smith came back off an injury.
- TE Ed Dickson – Dickson has been resting a pulled hamstring and will also be out on Thursday. Cam Cameron told that media that the team will “get him back whenever we get him back.”
- CB Jimmy Smith – Smith got back into practice yesterday for the first time this month, but still hasn’t gotten the thumbs up from John Harbaugh. “No, I think we keep him out on Thursday,” Harbaugh said.