Is your fantasy team already in the tank thanks to Lastings Milledge? Did you miss the roto baseball boat entirely this year?
Well here is your second chance. We are proud to introduce the 2009 BSR Fantasy Baseball Challenge. Here’s how it works:
- A 14-team AL-Only league made up of 7 BSR writers and 7 readers.
- A live online auction draft (20 roster spots).
- 5 batting and 5 pitching categories (rotisserie style). Mmmmm, rotisserie…
- Stats are retroactive to Opening Day (it’s still early, people)
To enter, all you need to do is comment on this post with your email address. We will take the first 7 commentors! If you are late to the party, you will be added to the waiting list. If someone in the league is inactive, doesn’t show up for the draft, or openly criticizes Nick Markakis, we reserve the right to kick you out. In that event, the next comment on the list gets in!
So why join this league?
- Every participant will be invited to be a guest on The Baltimore Sports Report Podcast with Dave Gilmore at some point during the season.
- If you come in first place overall and beat all 7 BSR “experts,” we have an awesome prize for you (details forthcoming). You will also get your own extra episode of the podcast to cover the topics of your choosing.
- If you are the first place reader, but one of us BSR chumps wins, you will get a less-awesome, but still substantial prize. And what the hell, we’ll also have you on the podcast to congratulate you.
That about sums it up. Once the league is full, we’ll set up the draft time. Looking forward to overbidding on Adam Jones with you!