The guys break down the Orioles start to 2012 and talk about the story lines around the league. They also break down the Capitals postseason series against the Bruins and talk about the possibility of HBO’s Hard Knocks featuring the Ravens.
Join Zach, Patrick and Matt for this week’s edition of the best sports podcast in Baltimore, the BSR Podcast.
Here are some of the topics discussed on this week’s show:
Orioles Season… A Week Later
- Sweeping the Twins, swept by the Yankees. What does it say about the Orioles?
- With the exception of Brian Matusz, the Orioles saw some encouraging things the first time through the rotation. Can Jake Arrieta continue to lead the O’s at the top?
- Nick Markakis has demonstrated more power early on this season than last. How encouraging is that coming off Abdominal surgery and can that trend continue?
- Matt Wieters is a Gold Glove winner who’s offense could take the next step in 2012. The guys discuss that possibility.
- In two starts this season, Giants starting pitcher Tim Lincecum has looked atrocious. Is this reason for concern in San Francisco?
- Patrick’s Miracle Mets began the season 4-0, but lost David Wright and dropped two to the Washington Nationals. Has reality set in at Citi Field?
- Johnny Damon looked for home all offseason, but just yesterday signed with the Cleveland Indians to play left field everyday. Should the Orioles have brought Damon in and started him over Nolan Reimold?
- Bobby Valentine’s Red Sox haven’t been able to put it all together yet. They sit at 1-5. The guys predict whether Valentine could be the first manager fired in 2012.
Capitals Postseason Begins
- Washington began its series against Boston by falling 1-0 in overtime as Chris Kelly fired one bast Braden Holtby.
- Zero hockey analysts at ESPN.com have picked the Capitals to upset the Bruins.
- Barry Melrose says that Alex Ovechkin is no longer though of as one of the best players in the world.
Ravens News Of Note
- Don’t worry, Ray Rice won’t be on the cover of Madden 13. The guys discuss just how real the Madden Curse actually is.
- HBO wants the 49ers or Ravens for Hard Knocks this season. Could it happen here in Baltimore?
- Ryan Howard is building a $23 million house that features a lazy river
- A ship aims to trace the Titanic’s route
- 18 crazy celebrity gifts
- Ozzie Guillen likes Castro, gets suspended for five games
- Three Maryland friends split Mega Millions riches
- Boy finds live grenade at Easter Egg hunt
- Five charged for helping teen sell kidney for iPad
- Amanda Bynes busted for DUI
You can get in touch with the BSR Podcast by sending your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a voicemail at 443-379-4BSR (4377).