The guys soaked up the holiday season on the BSR podcast and invited Matt Sadler to join in on the fun on this week’s episode. Holiday excitement was in the air as Kwanza, Hanukkah, Christmas and Festivus were all celebrated on the show.
Here are some of the topics discussed by the guys on this week’s podcast:
- Ravens gifted a Steelers loss – It’s a Festivus miracle! After the Ravens fell flat on the west coast, losing 34-14 to the San Diego Super Chargers, Jim Harbaugh’s troops shut down the Pittsburgh Steelers offense and gifted the Ravens a number two seed.
- Billy Cundiff’s health – Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff has been plagued by a calf injury and missed Wednesday’s practice. Baltimore signed veteran Shayne Graham as an insurance policy and the guys discuss the importance of a reliable kicker heading into the postseason.
- NFL playoff picture – The Ravens fell from a one seed to a two seed, the guys talk about a possible Steelers/Broncos matchup in Denver and how Tim Tebow could lead his team to victory over Pittsburgh.
- Orioles hot stove – Chris Stoner of BaltimoreSportsandLife.com joined the program to discuss the Tsuyoshi Wada, the possibility of the Orioles signing Prince Fielder, Dan Duquette’s GM philosophy and whether to O’s should trade or re-sign Adam Jones.
- Patrick talks about the NBA – The guys finally gave in and allowed Patrick to talk about the NBA as their regular season is just days away from kicking off. Patrick wonders why more Baltimore fans don’t root for the Wizards as he sees them as an up and coming team.
- Locks of the week – Zach lost again this week and is forced to eat hot peppers, video to come. This week after examining the week 16 lines, Patrick took the Chiefs -2.5 versus the Raiders, Matt took the Bengals -4 versus the Cardinals, Zach took the Saints -6.5 versus the Falcons and Sadler took the Chargers +2.5 at the Lions. The over/under is Atlanta at New Orleans 52.5 points, Patrick and Matt went under, Zach and Sadler took the over.
- Aaron Rodgers wins AP’s Male Athlete of the Year – Everyone agrees that Aaron Rodgers had a dominant 2011 as he led the Packers to a Super Bowl victory as a wild card team, but Zach and Pat think that Justin Verlander should have taken home the crown.
- Mark Sanchez and Kate Upton? – Jets QB Mark Sanchez has reportedly been making frequent visits to 19 year old super model Kate Upton’s New York apartment. Sadler thinks it’s right on par considering how creepy Sanchez seemed with Mark Brunell’s daughter in Hard Knocks, Patrick just thinks it’s awesome.
Merry Christmas from the guys at the BSR Podcast. We’ll see you in 2012 and we expect your feedback to welcome us into the New Year!
Give us a call at 443-379-4BSR (4377) or send your emails to Podcast@BaltimoreSportsReport.com.