BSR Podcast: Protect This Yard, Best Closer In Baseball And Skydiving Without A Parachute
Join Zach, Patrick and Matt for this week’s edition of the best sports podcast in Baltimore, the BSR Podcast.
Here are some of the topics discussed on this week’s show:
Fantasy Baseball Challenge
- Matt loses week one of our Fantasy Baseball Challenge so he must eat a jalapeño before the show begins.
- Zach, Matt and Patrick pick their week two player and are judged on total runs, home runs, RBI, stolen bases, on base percentage and extra base-hits between Thursday Thursday May 24 -Tuesday May 29.
Let’s Talk Baseball
- Is Jim Johnson the best closer in baseball?
- Brian Roberts begins his rehab in Double-A Bowie.
- Zach Britton could be back with the Orioles next week.
- Dylan Bundy gets promoted to Single-A Frederick.
- Jake Arrieta struggles against the the Red Sox after shutting down the Nationals.
- Orioles get a much needed day off.
- Chris Perez says Indians attendance is a “slap in the face.”
- Bud Selig says he’s had “very, very little pressure from people” who want more instant replay.
- Nationals demote Henry Rodriguez from closer’s role.
Interview With Cal Of Protect This Yard
- The guys talk with Cal Renner of Protect This Yard and discuss the Orioles hot start to the 2012 season, taking back the ballpark from Red Sox fans and yelling “OH” during the National Anthem.
Fantasy Movie League League Update
- Opening this weekend: Men In Black III, Moonrise Kingdom and Chernobyl Diaries.
- Battleship bombs.
- Will Smith slaps a Russian reporter for trying to kiss him on the mouth.
- Rihanna has 68 lines in Battleship, here they are.
- Man skydives without a parachute.
- Climber busted on Mount Rushmore
- Chris Brown skewered for lip-syncing awards song
- Best series finales ever
You can get in touch with the BSR Podcast by sending your emails to email@example.com or leaving a voicemail at 443-379-4BSR (4377).