Orioles News And Notes – July 5, 2013
- Wei-Yin Chen made his second and final rehab start for Bowie (AA) on Thursday night, throwing 7.0 scoreless innings in a 6-2 win over Harrisburg. Chen is likely to rejoin the Orioles rotation and start on either Tuesday or Wednesday against Texas.
- With Chen activated, a tough rotation decision looms with Feldman, Hammel, Gonzalez, Tillman and Britton all competing for spots.
- The Orioles currently lead MLB in home runs, having slugged 117 already this season. The next closest team is Toronto with 108.
- The Orioles have conceded the most home runs in MLB as well, allowing 117.
- The Orioles have committed the least amount of errors this season, committing just 27 thus far. The Yankees are next best, with 33.
The following Orioles players lead MLB in the respective categories:
An update on the standings for the Orioles MiLB affiliates:
- Triple A (Norfolk Tides), 2nd IL South, 46 & 41
- Double A (Bowie Baysox), 2nd EL Western, 42 & 40
- Advanced A (Frederick Keys), 3rd CL Northern, 6 & 8
- Single A (Delmarva Shorebirds), 5th SAL Northern, 7 & 8