Phew! The Ravens squeaked out a 20-17 victory over Ben Roethlisberger Dennis Dixon and the Steelers. Here are my thoughts on the game.
- Foxworth IS a bust – Despite what the media tells you, Domonique Foxworth is a huge bust for the Ravens. $28 million gets you a guy that is so scared of allowing the big play that he gives wide receivers a five yard cushion. He tackles guys around the the shoulders and continuously allows 10-15 yard catches. He’s a bust.
- Well balanced attack – Division games are tough. The teams know each other so well. I liked Baltimore’s attack against the Steelers. They knew that Pittsburgh knew that it was the Derrick Mason/Ray Rice show in Baltimore. But, on Sunday night they changed things up. It started on the opening drive with catches from Mark Clayton and Kelley Washington and rushes from Willis McGahee.
- The monkey is off their back – In the John Harbaugh/Joe Flacco/Ray Rice Ravens era the Ravens were 0-3 against their biggest rival. Even though the Steelers had Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu were out it was nice to get that win and move on. With that being said, December 27th is going to be a game for the ages.
- Billy the kid – Though Billy Cundiff missed the 56 yard game winner at the end of regulation, I think he’s got what it takes. Cundiff said his range was 53 and under and he kicked it dead on, but was short by about three yards on an extremely rushed attempt. Glad to see it.
- Big plays – If John Harbaugh and the Ravens didn’t convert on 4th and 5 they would never hear the end of it from myself and the rest of Ravens nation. They did, hats off to them. Also, it was great to see Paul Kruger get the pick to set up the game winning field goal. I know Dixon was due, it was good to see the kid get the job done.
- Where do we go from here? – It took me a while to write my quick hits because I’m torn. This was an awful game, but the Ravens got the “W”. I feel like this team could definitely go 10-6, but at the same time it wouldn’t shock me to see them drop the game in Lambeau against the Packers or on the west coast against the Raiders. I’m in a state of indecision.